Learned Movement Training (LMT) – A Paradigm Shift in Exercising
- What is Focused Functional Fitness
- How is it “Unique”?
- Why is it “Unique”?
- Who will benefit?
Discover an innovative, outside-the-box, Mind-Body systematic approach to exercise that will forever change the
way you approach fitness. An inter-disciplinary system developed by Lee Taylor. Deceptively simple in appearance, safe, yet profoundly effective and
efficient, while reducing the risk of injuries and falls!
Incorporating the principles of simplicity, using slow-controlled movements,
this Functional Training is focused on integrating whole body movement and body awareness
that mimic daily life activities and sports. Trains movement, not muscles! Crucial elements
for these exercises are:
Stability is not about how far the movement,
but how well you can control the amount of movement.
Imagine, as the foundation of the system, just a few primary exercises,
that are both a:
- Self Assessment Tool for immediate feedback; and a
- Self Corrective Functional Exercise System where you develop the skill to spontaneously make adjustments to your movements while maintaining posture and balance.
"I´m not a novice to personal training.
When my baby boomer post-50 status began, I trained with both a pilates and
personal fitness trainer. While both were helpful, neither compares to what Lee
currently offers me: an extensive cumulative knowledge base of over 40 years in
martial arts disciplines and body mechanics. Just one month ago, my aim in selecting
an exercise trainer was to ease physical pain attributable to a disk bulge in my
lower back. I Googled "Pilates Trainer, East Bay CA" and Lee
appeared. My great fortune! Lee possesses a unique playful and
collaborative perspective utilizing exercise balls to develop excellent form,
flexibility and a reliable inner strength, all key to enriching my ongoing
desire to keep fit, mentally alert and spiritually engaged." -
(Ani S., Psychologist - Berkeley, CA)
Through increased awareness and functional movement, this system once learned,
is yours for a lifetime! All this in just 20 minutes, 4 days a week.
To view my Videos
, click Classes
from the Menu Bar (above left)
The exercises are both a:
- Self Assessment Tool
- Learn to focus on each part of the movement pattern because you cannot change
what you cannot feel. This process allows you
to focus on uncovering the tiniest flaw in the motion. Through repeated
practice of movement, the changes become automatic, second nature
- Self Corrective Functional Exercise
- Learn proper body alignment to stabilize your body prior to movement
- As you perform the movement, through explicit instructions, you will be guided
how to focus on the quality of the movement, feeling the movement, pinpoint the weak links due
to muscle imbalances, over compensation and then re-adjusting to gain more control
- This training has three (3) required exercises, using
the principle, Keep it Short and Simple (KISS). There are also optional exercises to work with
specific areas of your body
- Exercises will heighten: postural awareness; balance, spinal stabilization
shoulder stabilization and core strengthening. Balance, controlled instability is critical
to Functional Training. Training smarter involves neurological complexity of training both
mind and muscles to accurately respond to daily movement challenges
Mis-Aligned at Hips
This system utilizes the knowledge Lee has acquired from over 40 years with various
"masters" and teachers. His lessons learned, coupled with his own physical limitations,
allowed him to explore subleties and sensitivity of body awareness in everyday activities. He
shares how economy of movements, performed in this system retrain muscle groups through:
- Life Experiences
- Protecting your back (spine) and neck
- The slower the movement, the greater muscle control required, building endurance.
The exercises can be done daily, without the need for muscles to recover
- Correctly aligning and proper sequencing of your body joints,
from the feet up to the head, so you can integrate the lower body to the upper body through your core,
for a total body workout with the least strain on its surrounding muscles, reducing injuries.
- Chinese Internal Martial Arts
- T’ai Chi - for balance, awareness of movement, (within your body), which becomes a
meditation and sensory awareness, (the environment)
- Pakua - for its spiraling movements, ability to lengthen and
strenghthen the back
- Gym Ball (aka Exercise Ball)
- To develop balance and coordination with focus on "core", aka, postural muscles (lower abdominals, low back and hips). Will also help build strength, flexibility and endurance
The exercises adapt to your physical condition rather than you
adapt to the exercise. Suitable for "beginners" to those who want
an "extreme workout"!
Evidence-based results are better than 90% significant improvements in:
• better balance (grounding)
• core strengthening
• hip movement
• lower, middle and upper back
• postural awareness
Clients ages range from 13 to 91 and include:
able-bodied persons; sports enthusiasts; master swimmers; martial artists; and
performing artists, (violinist, ballet instructor, choir singer).
Additionally, those with: Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis,
Parkinson"s Disease, personal injury, including those with Balance problems
(with and without walkers).
Partnering with a CHIROPRACTOR since 2003, assisting to correct muscle imbalances for:
• neck and back problems
• core strengthening
• frozen shoulder
• knee and hip replacements
• bulging discs
Since 2009, a member of International Council on Active Aging, ICAA, Visioning Board of Fitness.